Contributing to the Communities We Serve
Denim Group’s contribution and leadership in our local communities has been an important part of who we are since day one. Through direct donations, involvement in business and community organizations, drives or volunteer activities, our team strives to positively impact the lives of others and help improve the state of the industries we serve.
Our leadership contribution extends beyond Denim Group offices, influencing the security community and business organizations on a local, state and national level.
Leaders in the Business Community
We continuously advocate on behalf of entrepreneurial efforts in Austin and San Antonio. John Dickson is currently a Director of the Texas Business Leadership Council, a statewide network of CEOs and senior business executives who advance a long-term vision of a prosperous Texas in a globally competitive business environment.
Our senior management team has provided leadership to many business and community boards of directors, such as:
Growing the Security Community
Solving Some of the Toughest Application Security Problems
We’ve helped grow the thriving cyber security industry in our community. Our Principals are members of the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), with Dan Cornell leading the San Antonio chapter for over ten years. Other notable contributions include:
- Dan Cornell and John Dickson led OWASP’s Open Software Assurance Maturity Model Benchmarking Initiative to help companies across the world improve their software security practices.
- Dan Cornell is a member of the Trinity University Computer Science Department Advisory Board.
- John Dickson served as Past President of the Alamo Chapter of the Information Systems Security Association. Under John’s leadership, the Chapter won “International Chapter of the Year” in 2010.
- Our Austin office, led by Matt Snider, provide sustained leadership to the Austin security community, including during 2016’s Lone Star Application Security Conference (LASCON).
- Andrew Montz, Director of Sales, Marketing and Product Management, serves as an Advisor to the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Texas A&M University.
- Bryan Beverly, Director of Technology, actively contributes to St. Mary’s University’s Department of Computer Science.
Serving Our Local Communities
Positively Impacting the Communities We Call Home
Given our passion to “Build a World Where Technology is Trusted,” we are proud to play key roles in industry, business and community organizations well beyond the footprint of the company itself. Some of the organizations we have worked with include:
- South Texas Blood and Tissue
- Network for Good
- National MS Society
- Youth Code Jam
- Stone Oak Rotary Club & Snack Pack for Kids San Antonio
- Catholic Charities
- Family Service Association
- Cardboard Kids SA (Child Safe)
- Habitat for Humanity
- AYUDH Dallas