Last week we pushed up the binary downloads for ThreadFix 1.2RC1. Major changes include:
- Streamlined user interface and improved user experience
- Centralized dashboard showing trending, most vulnerable applications and recent scans and user comments
- Improved reporting capability as well as five new reports
- Auto-detection of scan types (no more channels!)
- Various bugfixes and enhancements.
I’m hoping to upload some screencasts before too much longer. In the meantime, here are a couple of screenshots of ThreadFix 1.2RC1:
This is the new dashboard screen you land on after logging in. From here you can see vulnerability trending over the past six months, the top 10 most vulnerable applications, recent scan uploads and recent comments applied to vulnerabilities.
This is the new reporting interface. We reorganized things into different tabs (Trending, Snapshots, Comparisons) and added five new reports (6 and 12 month vulnerability trending, top 10 and 20 most vulnerable applications, top 10 most common vulnerabilities by CWE identifier).
So take a look at ThreadFix 1.2RC1 and let us know your thoughts. Here are some helpful links:
- ThreadFix Google Code site
- ThreadFix Google Code downloads
- ThreadFix Google Code issue tracker (Release 1.2 features and issues)
- ThreadFix Google Group for user support and discussions
- ThreadFix page at Denim Group with info on commercial support and associated professional services
dan _at_ denimgroup.com